Music during the Pandemic
During the pandemic, we have continued the St. Mark’s music program.
- Singers are masked, socially distanced and behind plexiglass shields at the in person services.
- Cantors have provided the singing for the zoom services.
- Don Kerr, our music director continues to enhance services with organ preludes and postludes.
Music has been and continues to be an integral part of our worship.
- The Choir helps our worshipers engage in the service.
- While the Hymnal 1982 is the principal source of music at St. Mark’s, we use a wide variety of music in many styles and periods.
- We use a user-friendly Order of Service designed to make participation easy for everyone, including visitors and newcomers.
Share the Joy!
The choir rehearses every Wednesday from 7:15 to 8:45 PM and sings at the principal service each Sunday from September to early June. They also sing Evensong and special services throughout the year.
- Singers choose to sing for an entire year or for one or two seasons.
- Choir is always open to anyone who is interested in participating.
- To learn more or to express interest in singing at St. Mark’s, contact the church office by phone or email.